Search This Blog

Saturday, May 01, 2004

Weekend update

Expect light blogging for a couple of days.

It is Kentucky Derby weekend and that's a big deal in Louisville. Basically, it's a great excuse to have a party -- and not to work. Don't look for any betting tips here. I pick my "winners" out of a hat in a blind draw. The method is not infallible, so I don't recommend it.

Unfortunately, I've also got a big pile of papers to grade this weekend...a lawn to mow...and a solicited textbook chapter on Kyoto in US Foreign Policy to zip off ASAP.

So, with all this work, I naturally spent this evening watching Jack Black in "School of Rock." I was dubious, but found the video very entertaining. It reminded me of college, sitting around talking about music with my friends, joking, eating pizza, drinking beer...you get the picture.

The good old days.

Years ago, when I watched "A Few Good Men" with Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise, I had the same sort of reaction. That flick really reminded me of all the late nights from college working on debate cases -- and then using that work to beat other teams into oblivion. Sure, it was a different part of college, but still a good time.

Since this is nearly a content-free post, let me mention again the comments. The tech seems to be working, and I haven't faced any spam yet. Feel free to start a thread about movies that remind you of good times in your life -- or something like that.

Or give me a Derby winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment