Search This Blog

Monday, April 03, 2006

The end; the beginning

Today is typically one of my favorite sports days of the year. The college basketball championship is decided the first Monday in April -- and the major league baseball season opens.

That means, of course, that the fantasy baseball season started too. This is my 20th year playing. How can that be?

Does it make me seem old to admit that I saw Tito Horford play in college? Horford is the father of Florida's Al Horford.

How 'bout if I admit that I was well into graduate school when I saw Horford play? It was early 1987 (February 7!); I specifically went to see David Robinson (then of Navy) play in Baltimore -- against Horford's Miami team.

Florida coach Billy Donovan was a senior in 1987 and led his Providence team to the Final Four. Robinson had taken Navy to the Elite 8 in 1986.


Visit this blog's homepage.

Filed as:

No comments:

Post a Comment