Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2009

Whereupon I enter the 21st century

My kids got new iPod players as Christmas gifts, so my oldest gave me her used one (which merely holds about 1000 songs). Anyone want to buy a vintage Sony Walkman cassette player that hasn't been used in 15 or 20 years?

Look out readers -- I can now post those "Random 10" lists.

Additionally, our cable company offered a good bundling deal, so we came to an agreement with them and now have a DVR and free Showtime for a year.

Since Tuesday, I've had the device record about 10 movies that should help me pass the winter until March madness and the baseball season. For those who want to play along at home, cable is offering both recent movies I missed (such as "This Is England" and "Secrecy") and some good classics to revisit or check out ("McCabe and Mrs. Miller" and "From Here to Eternity").

Then again, I may need distractions all year long as this looks like another long and disappointing season for my team.




Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment