Search This Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Climate blog updates

I finished teaching my climate class early last December and the Copenhagen summit concluded two months ago. Thus, I haven't been providing regular updates to my e-IR blog on "Climate Politics: IR and the Environment." However, after taking a break to complete some papers (including a chapter on climate change for a new edition of a textbook), I do plan to post there every week or two.

These are my most recent posts, encompassing everything since I last summarized my work there:

R20
February 13, 2010
The Copenhagen conference occurred during the final days of my fall semester. Then came the holiday break and several paper deadlines. Hence, I’ve been quiet here. Sorry about that.

This past week, however, I participated in a campus “Teach-In” on climate change. I offered an international perspective and covered many points familiar to readers of this blo…

The story of cap and trade
December 17, 2009
The ongoing negotiations in Copenhagen, which are slated to end Friday, are apparently at a “critical juncture” according to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. The United States inched closer to the views of its European allies today by agreeing that it is “prepared to work with other countries toward a goal of jointly mobilizing $100 billion a year to a…


The Danish Text
December 9, 2009
Should environmentalists and other progressives get worked up over the recently leaked “Danish text”? Todays Guardian summarized the key concerns raised by this alleged draft agreement among the rich states:
• Force developing countries to agree to specific emission cuts and measures that were not part of the original UN agreement;…
• Not allow poor count…

Climate “Reparations”
December 1, 2009
One of the critical issues facing Copenhagen negotiators is the amount of money (and technology) that will be transferred from wealthy states (who are responsible for the lion’s share of past and current greenhouse gas emissions) to developing countries so that the latter won’t burn fossil fuels and thereby create future emissions that could effectively cancel o…



Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment