Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

Squashfest 2011

squashes

Tonight was Squashfest in Louisville. Courier-Journal reporter Ron Mikulak, who recently wrote an article about the annual event, was in attendance along with several dozen others -- newbies and veterans alike.

Question from the event: Should published poets get credit for their creative work -- even if the work under discussion is simply a silly Haiku about squash? From the 2010 event:
“Eat the squash,” I said.

“No, I do not like it, Dad.”

“Fine. More squash for me.”
This year, attendees played Squash Jeopardy. A bit of silliness pervades Squashfest.

My wife and I made a curried pumpkin soup -- though it was a very warm 72 degrees in Louisville today.


Visit this blog's homepage.

Follow me on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment