Search This Blog

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Los Super 7

I know that a lot of people are visiting this site for the first time, thanks to a post about IR blogging by Dan Drezner.

Welcome.

Most of the time, this is an IR blog. I've blogged frequently about the war in Iraq, the problem of Iranian proliferation, the Bush Doctrine, and the legitimacy "crisis" of American foreign policy.

If you must have an IR angle, check out my dissertation advisor's latest article: "If teh Nuclear Taboo Gets Broken," which appeared in the Naval War College Review, Spring 2005.

Don't look for comment here though (yet). I'm still tired from my move and am trying to relax.

Just last week, over some beers with a friend in Davis Square, I realized that I hadn't purchased a 2005 CD (is it really June already?). To remedy that problem, I just opened a 2005 CD. If you haven't checked out Los Super Seven, I urge you to do so soon. Their "Heard in on the X" is great!

Note that I'm a fan of "Americana" music (especially alt-country, or what was called "cow punk" in the 1980s). Los Super Seven's CD is Tex-Mex music, performed by Delbert McClinton, John Hiatt, Lyle Lovett, Joe Ely, Raul Malo (of the Mavericks), Rodney Crowell (Johnny Cash's former son-in-law), etc.

It's like a highlighted tour of my record collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment