Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Elsewhere

I realize the blogging around here has been light, but you can find several more substantive posts of mine elsewhere in the blogosphere.

At Duck of Minerva, I wrote a post today "Hypocrisy Watch" concerning the U.S.-South Korean flap about nuclear reprocessing. Once again, I find neorealists perhaps a little too interested in hypocrisy.

June 14, I blogged "So long for now, New England," which briefly mentions a personal academic angle to my family's June college tour.

Duck readers also had the opportunity to read about my car purchasing decisions and the demise of Journolist.

Meanwhile, on my Climate Politics: IR and the Environment blog for e-IR, I finally wrote several recent posts. Here are the titles and opening sentences:

Global Governance and Geoengineering
July 18, 2010 

In a review of Jeff Goodell’s new book on geoengineering, How To Cool The Planet: Geoengineering and the Audacious Quest to Fix Earth’s Climate, Grist’s David Roberts notes that the topic raises a variety of “big questions about progress, responsibility, [and] the future of humanity.” Roberts:
To begin with, consider that by some estimates a l…

Framing climate change
July 12, 2010 

At my home institution, I’m involved in a project to reduce carbon emissions via individual behavioral changes. A relatively small group of scholars and administrators have been looking at some interesting theoretical and empirical social science research to bolster our efforts.
To understand what I have in mind, consider an example of behavioral change mentioned ear…

Scientific illiteracy and religion
July 10, 2010 

The May/June 2010 Utne Reader has a brief piece on science versus religion that reframes classic tensions in terms of climate change:
Everyone needs to remember, however, that “not all of the religious have a problem with science,” Chris Mooney, author of Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens Our Future, tells Free Inquiry (Feb.-March 2010). An atheist (a…



Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment