Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Me on MLE

This is shameless, I realize, but it's been a tough week or two and this was pretty cool. Today, USA Today, on p. 5C (in the middle, just below the fold), published my piece on "MLE numbers gauge major prospects."

Unfortunately, I cannot yet find a web link.

MLE stands for "minor league equivalency" and the article is about forecasting performance statistics for rookie baseball players based on their minor league statistics.

I'm a member of the Statistical Analysis Committee of the Society for American Baseball Research. Neal Traven, committee chair, looked it over and provided comments before it was published.

It's about 5 column inches, plus an accompanying chart!

Update: I found a copy of the article on keepmedia, and then I furled that to preserve a copy.

July 1, 2011 update: Find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment