Search This Blog

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Yankees lose!

Last Sunday, Scott Lemieux wrote:
Could the Tigers win one goddamned game against the Royals? Yeesh. The first round is just going to be a massacre.
In comments there, I was more hopeful:
I'm a full-blooded Yankee-hater myself and I think it's premature to count out the Tigers.

Anything can happen in a short series.

Who among us thought the Angels had much of a chance versus the Yanks in 2002?

Who thought KC had much of a chance vs. the Tigers last week? This is from the game preview KC-Detroit, Sunday, September 24: "The Tigers are 13-1 against the Royals, outscoring them 109-52 in the season series."
Just as I predicted, by the way, KC went exactly 62-100 on the year.

So, despite the fact that I expected my favorite team to lose 100 games, and they lost 100 games, there's still something to celebrate.

Yankees lose!


Visit this blog's homepage.

Filed as:

No comments:

Post a Comment