Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bolts from the Blue, 2007

The Hardy House League fantasy baseball draft ended last Saturday about 7 pm Pacific Time -- in Vegas. It didn't take long for my team to suffer its first catastrophe of the season -- my "closer" revealed an elbow injury after pitching horribly in Saturday's game.

I went into the auction with this roster:

C Gerald Laird (TEX) $6
1B Kevin Youkilis (BOS) $6
SS Jason Bartlett (MIN) $10
OF Alex Rios (TOR) $24
DH Travis Hafner (CLE) $31
P Zack Greinke (KC) $5

And my auction results:

C Kenji Johjima (SEA) $15
2B Josh Barfield (CLE) $22
3B Dallas McPherson (LAA) $1
CR Ben Broussard (SEA) $3
MI Alex Cintron (CHX) $1
OF Carl Crawford (TB) $42
OF David DeJesus (KC) $15
OF Melky Cabrera (NYY) $9
OF Eric Hinske (BOS) $1

P B.J. Ryan (TOR) $34
P Rich Harden (OAK) $24
P Jamie Shields (TB) $4
P Miguel Batista (SEA) $1
P Jason Davis (CLE) $1
P Jimmy Gobble (KC) $1
P Wil Ledezma (DET) $1
P Chris Reitsma (SEA) $1

I left $2 on the table, unfortunately. My last half dozen one dollar picks were uncontested because I was the last person buying players.

Reserve draft results:

1. OF Rob Mackowiak (CHX) $3
2. P Tom Mastny (CLE) $2
3. P Jeremy Accardo (TOR) $1

For the injured McPherson, I picked up IF Matt Kata (TEX). I also grabbed P Brandon League (TOR) because Blue Jay saves could be volatile this year after Ryan's injury.


Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment