Search This Blog

Sunday, January 03, 2010

20 Best Movies of the Decade

Obviously, I have to begin with an important caveat: I have not seen very many movies from 2009. Moreover, scanning Metacritic's list, I apparently missed some of the best films of the past ten years, including their top two choices -- Pan's Labyrinth and 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days. I have the former on an old videotape somewhere and the latter is currently on my DVR, so I figure to watch them soon.

In any case, these are my top 20 movies of 2000 to 2009. I often picked films that I found especially entertaining -- typically good enough to watch again when they appear on cable. You'll also find plenty of IR-related films and one baseball flick:

Almost Famous
Black Book
Dark Knight
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Fog of War
Good Night, and Good Luck
The Incredibles
Juno
The Lives of Others
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lost in Translation
Man on Wire
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Sideways
Sugar
The Quiet American
Thank You for Smoking
V for Vendetta
The Visitor
Wag the Dog

As the links reveal, it turns out that I've often blogged about my favorites (and sometimes used them in class).

Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment