Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Top Americana CDs of the Aughts

It looks like I've selected my top 20 Americana recordings of 2000 to 2009.

Ryan Adams, Heartbreaker and Gold
Dave Alvin, Ashgrove
Grayson Capps, Wail and Ride
Hayes Carll, Trouble in Mind
Neko Case & Her Boyfriends, Furnace Room Lullaby
Drive By Truckers, Decoration Day
Bob Dylan, Love and Theft
Mary Gauthier, Mercy Now
Jackie Greene, American Myth
Jayhawks, Rainy Day Music
Loretta Lynn, Van Lear Rose
Los Super Seven, Heard It On the X
Marah, Kids in Philly
James McMurtry, Childish Things
Tift Merritt, Tambourine
O Brother, Where Art Thou?, Soundtrack
Todd Snider, East Nashville Blues
White Stripes, Elephant
Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

As the links make clear, I sometimes blog about my favorite artists -- and their local live performances (or CDs).

I'm surprised the above doesn't include any Steve Earle or Lucinda Williams, but I like their earlier recordings more than their work in the 2000s. In blogtopia, I saw lists topped by Kasey Chambers, Gillian Welch, and a different Neko Case recording. Lists like this are inherently idiosyncratic.


Visit this blog's homepage.

No comments:

Post a Comment