Search This Blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

10 Best Dan Aykroyd Movies?

Last weekend, a friend and former student declared that "The Blues Brothers" was one of the ten greatest movies of all time. As I'm not a huge fan of the film and am something of a smart ass, I flippantly countered by saying that "Blues Brothers" wasn't even one of the ten best Dan Aykroyd movies.

Thanks to IMDB and web access, I'm finally trying to compile a list to test my assertion. Here's what I found:

"Ghost Busters" (1984)
"Driving Miss Daisy" (1989)
"Trading Places" (1983)
"The Rutles: All You Need is Cash" (1978)
"Chaplin" (1992)
"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" (1984)
"Sneakers" (1992)
"Grosse Point Blank" (1997)

That's only eight films. Worse, IMBD users rate "Blues Brothers" 7.9, admittedly higher than the ratings for most of these films. However, I still don't think "Blues Brothers" is all that great. It certainly wouldn't make my top 100 movies.

It would have been much easier to compile a list of 10 alternatives if Bill Murray had been in "Blues Brothers." Aykroyd has been in a lot of dreck

Indeed, look at some of Aykroyd's dubious comedic choices:

"1941"
"My Stepmother is an Alien"
"Spies Like Us"
"Dragnet"
"Coneheads"

And those are some of the better ones (I saw three of those films at the theater!).


Visit this blog's homepage.

5 comments:

  1. Trading Places is a great film - here - check out my review - http://www.comicbookandmoviereviews.com/2011/08/trading-places.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a list of the top ten kung fu movies of all time. This top ten kung fu movie list includes karate, and martial arts, from Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and Jackie Chan to Billy Jack and the Karate Kid. Each of these films has a special place in martial arts history. Fearless, with Jet Li is considered one of the best representations koktale classic Kung Fu. What are your top ten kung fu movies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found just the info I already searched everywhere and simply could not come across. What a great site. reviewlady

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful issues altogether, you just gained a logo reader. What would you recommend about your publish that you made a few days ago? Any sure? auditiondateandplace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing informative information..

    ReplyDelete