Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2026

23 Years

It was 23 years ago this month that I began blogging here. In the early years, I blogged almost daily, primarily about the Iraq War and other dimensions of US foreign policy. I worked in occasional pieces about baseball or presidential politics. 

Not everything I wrote for the internet ended up on these webpages because I also blogged for many years at Duck of Minerva, though it's been more than 10 years since I posted anything there. For awhile I had a climate change column at e-IR, but I cannot figure out how to access those pieces even though many turn up on search engines. Weird. Oh, also, I was briefly a guest blogger at Lawyers, Guns, & Money many years ago. 

Today, I rarely post. When I do, the lion's share of pieces are recurring annual posts about films or books, with some posts about my fantasy baseball teams or personal travel. Occasionally I might post about my research, especially when I present it at a conference or when it finds its way to print. 

Every fall I think about the anniversary of the blog and there's really nothing special about 23 years. It just seemed worth mentioning. 


Visit this blog's homepage.

For 280 character IR and foreign policy talk, follow me on Bluesky.


No comments:

Post a Comment