Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Say Hello to Paul

I'm going on a family vacation and will not be blogging all that frequently for awhile. I enjoyed the time away over the 4th of July and thought Avery did a great job filling in. He's still got a set of keys, so he's welcome to blog here, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be away too.

No fear. I've arranged for two other guest bloggers.

One is Paul Parker, who attended grad school with me at the University of Maryland and was later best man at my wedding. This means he is also a Political Scientist, but his expertise is public law.

Paul grew up not far from Seattle, but landed at Truman State University in Kirksville, Missouri. You know he's my kind of guy; after all, he told an interviewer this:
I was excited to move to the Midwest in the late 1980s.
He's only a few hours drive from beautiful Kansas.

Let's see, what more should I tell you? Oh, Paul is an amateur photographer. About five feet from me, I have a terrific framed photo of Sandy Koufax that Paul took in 1987 when we were in Florida during spring training.

About two years ago, Paul published A Portrait of Missouri, 1935-1943: Photographs from the Farm Security Administration (University of Missouri Press), which looks like it includes a a number of really interesting photos from the Depression era.



Glancing around the web, I note that Paul has something in common with former President Jimmy Carter. He's also busy trying to help churn out future lawyers.

Anyway, Paul told me some of the things he's going to cover and I think readers will be well-served by sticking around and reading what he has to say. I won't steal his thunder; he can tell you the rest of the story.

Heck, invite your friends and family to read too.

No comments:

Post a Comment